Monday, September 8, 2008

Need Help? It's here!

Today I had the opportunity to chat with two staff members that are participating in Learn & Play @ CML. I thought I would video part of the conversation so I could share with you.


Erica of Ridiculology notoriety and Jimmer of The Life of Jimmer fame share what they are enjoying about the Learn & Play @ CML activities. It seems that these two might be what is called "early adopters" as they are using some of the things already. Erica wants to help her co-workers and Jimmer wants the really cool incentives. In reality, Jimmer is one of those go-to people about technology at Main Library and he likes that he can share his knowledge. (He's helped me a few times).

What they've learned:
Erica is already using a lot of the things already as a long-time blogger (she goes back to 2006) and flickr member. She's enjoying helping co-workers like Jimmer.
Jimmer appreciated the flickr help from thing #5 and thing #6 . He posted about his experience with flickr here.
Their preferred RSS feed reader is google reader. I still like bloglines. All three of us are right (except I'm more right! *grin*) 'Nuff said. Read Erica's opinion of google reader here and Jimmer's here. Mine is here.

Need help?
Jimmer and Erica are willing to help. Give them a call! They gave me permission to post their email addresses. Remember to replace with the appropriate symbols. @ and . and not spaces.
JBROCHOWSKI (aT) columbuslibrary(d0t)org
EBLASDEL(AT) columbuslibrary (d0t) org

Thanks to Jimmer and Erica for chatting. You want to chat in video about your Learn & Play experience with me? Let me know. I'll come to you! (hats and funny glasses encouraged, other costumes welcome, good attitude and sense of humor required)

3 comments:

Pixelwiki said...

you guys are a knockout. Gerald, I think you just get better and better as this goes on. Great job.

Wendy Tressler, CML said...

Loved it!

Wendy Tressler, CML said...

Oh, and I still like My Yahoo. Yes, I really do.